Nov 6, 2008

My First Meme

My new friend Anna Lefler from Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder tagged me to either:

1. List 7 weird or quirky things about myself,
Or

2. Post the 5th photo from my 5th album for the whole dang world to see…

Well, since I’m not sure what #2 means, I guess I will go with #1! Okay – so here goes:

7 Weird or Quirky Things about me:


1. The first thing that comes to mind is singing. Yes, I’m one of those that loves to sing while driving. The difference is, I do it with my left hand cupped over my left ear, elbow resting on the door. This is supposed to make people think I am talking on my cell phone, so they don’t stare and make me feel uncomfortable – but I do it mostly so that I can hear my voice more clearly and whether or not I am hitting the right notes. (I’ve had voice lessons, and been in a studio several times, so I am always trying to perfect my voice). Oh no – wait – now they’ve passed the no-talking-while-driving-on-hand-held-cell-phone law. What now? Oh yeah – the blue tooth! Yippee! I can still play it off! (I just won’t be able to hear what notes I’m hitting….

2. I love shoes. Okay maybe not so quirky to most of you, but I do favor one specific type of shoe – the wedge! Maybe it’s because I was a child in the 70’s – all I know is that when I look at the shoes I bring home, 85% of them are high wedge heels. And I haven’t been able to stop.

3. I can hardly find any pictures of me as an adult. There are only a select few. I guess I’ve never gotten over the “extra 10 pounds” the camera added when I was pregnant! I’m working on overcoming this, but it’s not easy.

4. I refuse to cut my hair short. When I was about 8 years old, my mom cut my almost-elbow-length long hair back up to my ears. Shortly after that we went to Disneyland. The only thing I remember from that trip is that when we ordered hamburgers at one of the food stands, the guy behind the counter said, “And what would you like, little boy?” I cried and cried. Oh so tragic!

5. When I’m stressed, I do my nails. (I used to do nails professionally, but haven’t in many years). There is something creative about it, and I love any outlet that lets me be creative.

6. Most of my house is decorated in the “island” theme (you know, sort of Tommy Bahama-ish). I don’t mean to brag, but I was decorating that way when things of that style were still hard to find – before WalMart, Target, Z-Gallery and the others started having entire sections dedicated to that style. I guess everyone copied me – right?

7. I love red lipstick – only not on me. Somehow, I’ve gotten stuck in the light pink, shimmery lipstick/gloss and I just don’t think I look right with darker/brighter lipstick anymore. I always think I look like I have clown make-up on when I try it. Oh well, maybe in a past life…

So there you have it. I wasn’t sure I would be able to actually come up with seven things, but there they are!

Now I need to tag some other bloggers and invite them to play along:

Martinis For Two

Your Girlfriend Is Ugly

Psycho Secretary

Clever Girl Goes Blog

American In Norway

I Kicked Cancer’s Ass

Lilly’s Life


Anna - thanks for the shout out! I apologize for taking so long - I was on the East coast visiting family and time just got away from me!

7 comments:

  1. I love your answers - it's always nice to know about a person through meme's!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! Nos. 1-4 are me, I'm pretty certain. Did you hijack my brain? Well apart from the cupping my hand over my ear thing while singing and driving, I didn't have the genius to think of that, I just basically prefer to look like a raving lunatic who talks to themselves. I probably also make faces like I'm having a strenuous bowel movement while singing. It's a fine thing of beauty to be parked near me at the lights I guess.

    I had the same childhood experience of always having short-assed hair and being referred to by kindly shopkeepers as "son". Plus it didn't help when I was six or so that my parents let me run around toplesss (oh the scandal!).

    And hi!!!! I'll tackle this thing later. First meme also as I don't understsand number two either.

    Hee. I said Number Two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah I totally do the "cell phone" thing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm passionate about wedge heels too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, those are great! My favorite is pretending to talk on the phone when you're actually singing...genius!

    Thanks for playing along with the meme and hope all is well with you...

    :^) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tag! It will take me a few days, but I will certainly lay along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK...so I am a TOTAL LOSER..Sorry I haven't gotten this done yet... I will PROMISE! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete