1. List 7 weird or quirky things about myself,
2. Post the 5th photo from my 5th album for the whole dang world to see…
Well, since I’m not sure what #2 means, I guess I will go with #1! Okay – so here goes:
1. The first thing that comes to mind is singing. Yes, I’m one of those that loves to sing while driving. The difference is, I do it with my left hand cupped over my left ear, elbow resting on the door. This is supposed to make people think I am talking on my cell phone, so they don’t stare and make me feel uncomfortable – but I do it mostly so that I can hear my voice more clearly and whether or not I am hitting the right notes. (I’ve had voice lessons, and been in a studio several times, so I am always trying to perfect my voice). Oh no – wait – now they’ve passed the no-talking-while-driving-on-hand-held-cell-phone law. What now? Oh yeah – the blue tooth! Yippee! I can still play it off! (I just won’t be able to hear what notes I’m hitting….
2. I love shoes. Okay maybe not so quirky to most of you, but I do favor one specific type of shoe – the wedge! Maybe it’s because I was a child in the 70’s – all I know is that when I look at the shoes I bring home, 85% of them are high wedge heels. And I haven’t been able to stop.
3. I can hardly find any pictures of me as an adult. There are only a select few. I guess I’ve never gotten over the “extra 10 pounds” the camera added when I was pregnant! I’m working on overcoming this, but it’s not easy.
4. I refuse to cut my hair short. When I was about 8 years old, my mom cut my almost-elbow-length long hair back up to my ears. Shortly after that we went to Disneyland. The only thing I remember from that trip is that when we ordered hamburgers at one of the food stands, the guy behind the counter said, “And what would you like, little boy?” I cried and cried. Oh so tragic!
5. When I’m stressed, I do my nails. (I used to do nails professionally, but haven’t in many years). There is something creative about it, and I love any outlet that lets me be creative.
6. Most of my house is decorated in the “island” theme (you know, sort of Tommy Bahama-ish). I don’t mean to brag, but I was decorating that way when things of that style were still hard to find – before WalMart, Target, Z-Gallery and the others started having entire sections dedicated to that style. I guess everyone copied me – right?
7. I love red lipstick – only not on me. Somehow, I’ve gotten stuck in the light pink, shimmery lipstick/gloss and I just don’t think I look right with darker/brighter lipstick anymore. I always think I look like I have clown make-up on when I try it. Oh well, maybe in a past life…
So there you have it. I wasn’t sure I would be able to actually come up with seven things, but there they are!
Now I need to tag some other bloggers and invite them to play along:
Anna - thanks for the shout out! I apologize for taking so long - I was on the East coast visiting family and time just got away from me!